"He must have done something. They don't kill you for nothing." - Chicago Gangster Ted Newberry. Rubbed out January 7, 1933

Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Day in the Gangster Life

I read the news today oh boy. About a lucky yegg that made the great
And though the news was rather macabre I just had to blog
They blew his mind out in a car, while he waited for the lights to change.
A crowd of people stood and stared they’d seen his face before but nobody was really sure if he was from the gallery of rogues.

I’d love to tu-rrrrrr-n you-u-u-u- o-o-o-onn

Edward Jerge woke up feeling great
on this date back in twenty-eight
Got into a car with a chick
Coulda been an automatic but I suspect it was a stick
When they stopped at Herald Square
Some rival gangsters met them there
Jumped on his running board and fired some shots
A couple missed but most of them did not

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhhh
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhah
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhahh
Ahhhhhh

That’s the news for today oh boy
A number of holes in Edward Jerge yegg
And though the holes were rather small
The coroner had to count them all
Now they know how many holes
It takes to make a Jerge fall

I’d love to tuuuuuuurrn youuuuuuu ooooooon

4 comments:

Alana said...

brilliant! I think you'd make a killin selling a book full of nothing but gangster themed rhymes.

Patrick Downey said...

Well it is my goal to be the Nypsy Russell of gangland writing.

John DuMond said...

I can't wait to see the music video.

Patrick Downey said...

Talking w/ John Landis about doing a 12 minute Thrilleresque kind of thing. I'll keep you posted.