"He must have done something. They don't kill you for nothing." - Chicago Gangster Ted Newberry. Rubbed out January 7, 1933

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Public Enemy Movie Update



Christian Bale is in talks to play Melvin Purvis, the FBI agent who is credited with bringing both Dillinger and Pretty Boy Floyd to justice. Having Purvis as a caped crusader is a bold move on Mann's part. I'm not sure it is historically accurate however ( I believe the FBI didn't start wearing capes and masks until the late 1930's) but should be fun nonetheless.

Speaking of Pretty Boy Floyd, having tread the boards myself (I was Uncle Sam in a second grade play followed by a reindeer in the fifth grade) I figured who better to play the Oklahoma desperado than myself so have forwarded a headshot to the casting director of Public Enemies. I think it is no brainer. Hopefully will be posting from the set this spring.

PB Floyd Me



No comments: